These are special term used by both Tiled and libTMX, or only the latter.
- Application Binary Interface, an interface between two binary program modules, here between your software and the compiled version of libTMX. See the ABI page on wikipedia.
- Application Programming Interface, in C, a set of structure and function definitions used to build new sofware using existing material. See the API page on wikipedia.
- A texture atlas is a set of textures assembled in a single image to reduce the overhead of loading several images from non volatile storage (hard drives, CD, …) and to optimize the usage of VRAM.
An entry of a tile layer, the content of a cell is the GID, possibly tainted with a tile flip flag.
Global tile Identifier, uniquely identifies a tile at map scope.
To compute the GID from a LID in a given map:
int32_t GID = tileset_list->firstgid + tile->id;.
GID=0 (zero) is a special GID which means that this cell is empty!
- See the Working with Layers page on Tiled documentation.
Local tile Identifier, uniquely identifies a tile at tileset scope.
- Linked List
- A linear collection of data elements, each element points to the next. See the wikipedia page on linked lists.
- See the Working with Objects page on Tiled documentation.
- Name given to images meant to be used in video games, usually given to images once they are loaded in memory or in the VRAM.
- The atomic element that constitute tile layers and tilesets, usually a small square image.
- A set of tiles, in Tiled tilesets are usually external resources, hence they have a scope that is different from the scope of the map, explaining the GID and LID paradigm. Tilesets can be based on a single image (an atlas) or a collection of images (one for each tile).
- Tile Map XML map format used by Tiled, it is based on the XML format.
- A data structure of nodes, starting at a root node, each nodes may have zero, one or several child nodes. See the wikipedia page on trees.
- Tile Set XML tileset format used by Tiled, it is based on the XML format.
- Template XML template format used by Tiled, it is based on the XML format.
- Video RAM, name of the volatile random access memory attributed to the GPU.
- Extensible Markup Language is the markup language used by the TMX map format. See the XML specification.